Cuesta College Nursing & Allied Health Division
Program & Course Information Resources
Nursing & Allied Health Division
San Luis Obispo Campus - (805) 546-3119
VISITORS PLEASE NOTE:
Parking permits are required and can be purchased for $2 at a ticket machine in any parking lot
APPLY BEGINNING OCTOBER 1, 2014!
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY MAIL FROM OCTOBER 1 - 31, 2014
for admission in August 2015.
Printed applications will also be available for pick up in the Nursing office on the San Luis Obispo campus (Room 2315), and in the Counseling offices on the San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles campuses.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. Read the RN Information Powerpoint, the RN Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and the TEAS FAQ. (If applying this October, be sure to read the last section of the TEAS FAQ "Specific FAQ’s for Applicants applying for Fall 2015 Admission").
2. Review the RN Multi-Criteria Point Allocation table (effective for Fall 2015 admission).
3. Attend a Pre-RN Group Advising Session. You will leave this session with a personalized Student Education Plan (SEP) to guide you on what prerequisites you need to take and when. Click here for dates and information:
4. Attend an RN Information Session (scheduled once every fall and spring semester) for a more detailed understanding of the requirements and expectations of the Cuesta College RN program.
Applications to the Cuesta College Paramedic Program are currently being accepted for admission in fall 2015.
Click on the links below for the application and general program information:
For additional information, contact Heather Tucker, Paramedic Program Director, at 805-546-3100 ext. 2707 or Lisa Wearda, Director of Allied Health at 805-546-3100 ext. 2798.
Psych Tech Program
Applications to the Psychiatric Technician Program at the Department of State Hospitals - Atascadero are being accepted for May 2015 admission. Applications are accepted by mail only.
Deadline to apply is January 9, 2015 at 3:00 pm
For more information:
1. Read: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
2. Read: What Are Psychiatric Technicians?
3. Attend a Program Information Meeting
- Tues Dec 9, 2014 - 6:00pm - 8:00 pm
- Thurs Dec 11, 2014 - 10:00am - 12:00pm
If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Grant at the Psychiatric Technician Program office at the Department of State Hospitals-Atascadero:
The next application period for the LVN Program will be January 1 - 31, 2015 (for admission in August 2015). Check this site for more information as this date get closer.
Click here for general LVN Program information and requirements.
An Information Session for interested applicants will be held on October 23, 2014 from 4:30 – 6:30 in room 2407 on the Paso Robles campus.
Nursing Information Sessions
Information Sessions for our RN, LVN and LVN to RN programs are offered every fall and spring semester. These sessions provide an overview of the program requirements, pre-requisite coursework and the application process.
RN INFORMATION SESSION
Date: Spring Semester TBD
LVN to RN INFORMATION SESSION
Time: 6:00 - 8:00pm
Location: SLO Campus, Room 2509
IMPORTANT! Attendance at an LVN to RN Information Session is MANDATORY in order to receive an application for this program.
LVN INFORMATION SESSION
Time: 4:30 - 6:30pm
Location: North County Campus (Paso Robles)
PROGRAMS AND COURSES OFFERED:
NURSING: ALLIED HEALTH: