Worksheet 13 answers
1. done in class
2. 103 kJ/mol (from Kp = 9.55E-19)
3. delta G = 131 kJ, Kp = 1.1E-23
4. 1.6 E-11
5. 334 K for the bp of bromine
6. high temps will cause the reaction to be spontaneous (the -T deltaS term will be larger, and negative)
7. calculate K from std. delta G, K = 8.9. Calculate Q from pressures, Q = 9.6. Since K<Q, rxn goes left.
or calculate delta G non-std, = 200 J, since this is positive the reaction is non-spontaneous in forward direction
8. -70 kJ
9. 3.6 E24, big negative delta G means a huge value of K!
If you have any comments on this page, contact gbaxley[at]cuesta.edu
Back to Greg Baxley's home page
Cuesta College's Home Page