Learning Disability Eligibility
Cuesta College students who are currently registered may apply for Learning
Disabilities Testing. Applying for testing does not guarantee that
you will qualify for or receive services through DSPS. For more information
on the definition of Learning Disability, visit the L. D.
Eligibility page. Follow the steps below to complete the L. D. Testing process.
Group Testing (2 hrs.)
- Requests an L.D. Application Packet for testing from DSPS, San Luis Obispo Campus,
Bldg. 3300 or North County Campus Room N3024. There are a limited number
of testing appointments. Packets may be
- beginning at 8 a.m. on the Wednesday of the first week of classes (but not before), and
- on a
designated Monday halfway through the semester.
- Fill out the application completely and return it to the DSPS secretary.
- Make an appointment for Group Testing through the DSPS secretary.
Individual Appointment for Learning Disabilities Eligibility Testing (4 hrs.)
- After completing the Group Testing session, you will be given an add slip for
ACSK 140, Diagnostic Testing (.5 units).
- Turn in your add slip to the Admissions and Records Office, or Student
Services Desk, 3000 Building (NCC).
- Schedule an individual appointment for Learning Disabilities Eligibility Testing
through the DSPS secretary. Bring your updated registration slip showing that you have
added ACSK 140 to the DSPS office. An individual testing appointment will be scheduled
only after you show proof of enrollment in ACSK 140.
Learning Disabilities Specialist Follow-up Appointment (2 hrs.)
- You will meet individually with an examiner for a four-hour testing session.
If you miss that appointment, you will not be able to reschedule another testing
session that semester due to the limited number of testing appointments.
- After you have completed your individual testing, make an appointment with a
Learning Disabilities Specialist through the DSPS secretary to discuss your test
results, determine eligibility for services, and recommendations.
If you have any questions, please call the SLO DSPS office at 546-3148 or
NCC DSPS office at 591-6215. If you cannot or do not want to schedule L. D.
Testing at Cuesta College, we have a referral list of local psychologists who do educational testing.
Requirements for private LD Testing.
Please arrive promptly for all of your testing appointments and meetings.
Return to Top