Become a Tutor
Become a Tutee
North County Tutoring
English as a 2nd Language (ESL)
Private Tutors for Hire
Student Success Workshops
Online Resources for Students
Why should I tutor?
You can change how a student feels about a class:
- Do you have a sincere desire to help others?
- Are you able to communicate effectively?
- Do you have a 'B' or better in the subject you wish to tutor?
- If you answered yes to all of these, then we invite you to apply for a rewarding
position as an academic tutor.
Here's a partial list of some of the rewards of being a tutor:
- Help others.
- Enhance your knowledge of the subject. (The jury is still out on whether or not
tutees learn more than tutors during a tutoring session!)
- Develop and improve your communication skills.
- Learn how to become a more organized student.
- Increase your confidence by facing and defeating challenges.
- Gain experience in a leadership role.
- Looks good when applying to universities or future jobs.
- Work on campus, close to classes.
- Earn some extra $$.
- Receive priority registration.
Return to Top