|Adjunct Study Skills|
|Cuesta Home||Academic Support Center||Academic Support||Disabled Student Programs & Services||Tutorial Services|
Welcome to Adjunct Study Skills
Adjunct Study Skills (ACSK115) is designed to provide students from a specific course, like Political Science 202, with learning strategies and small group instruction to help them to be more successful in their classes. By learning how to learn in context, you can better adapt to different learning situations in academic and career settings.
You will learn study strategies (note taking, test taking, reading strategies, critical thinking, etc.) and begin applying them to your primary course learning processes. You will discover your own learning style as well as effective strategies for dealing with everyday problems that may interfere with your efforts to succeed in college (i.e. time management).
For this .5 unit course you must complete:
At least twenty-one hours to receive credit.
Here's how to get started:
1) Enroll in Adjunct Study Skills.
2) Sign up for your weekly tutoring time in the Academic Support Lab Bldg. 3300.
1) Complete the Poli Sci online Course Studio orientation activity.
Print out your responses.
2) Go to the AS Lab and take an on-line Learning Strategies Inventory.
3) Check the Adjunct Instructor's schedule* so you can meet to:
a. Discuss results of your inventory
b. Check your responses for the Course Studio orientation
1) Tutoring begins! Be on time for your 50-minute session.
2) Meet with Adjunct Instructor during scheduled office hour
Go to the AS Lab BEFORE your meeting to get your folder and log in
3) WORKSHOPS BEGIN Check the Weekly Schedule on the Adjunct website under Tutorial Services.
After the 3rd week you will have completed 1 tutoring hour and 3 lab hours GREAT START!
Check your Lab Folder for the next schedule.
Margie in the Academic Support Lab at 546-3929