Mixed Media Messages
What three prime-time classes can I take which will help me
with writing and study skills? All courses are AA Degree applicable and/or CSU Degree Applicable.
- Join a community of learners to deepen your understanding of health issues
and how they connect to other college courses and areas of your life.
- Earn 10 units while fulfilling the health education graduation requirement.
- Enhance your writing, reading, and studying while applying critical
thinking and problem solving skills to today's most perplexing health issues.
- Become the Master Student you were meant to be!
Weaving the Web
Weaving the Web integrates Microbiology, Reading & Study Strategies for
Nursing, and weekly group tutoring. Learn to:
- decipher medical terminology
- comprehend scientific texts and articles
- collaborate with peers and supervisors
- analyze data for further patient assessment
- adhere to lab protocols
- think and read critically
- reason deductively
- manage your time and organize your life
Studying Human Physiology
- Promotes comprehension and retention of Human Physiology textbook, lecture
material, and related articles.
- Fosters better understanding of medical terminology, academic study
strategies, critical thinking, problem solving, and test preparation as they
relate to the sciences.
- Collaborative approaches and small group work are emphasized to apply,
reinforce, transfer, and deepen learning.
Pre-Nursing Academic Rx
- Introduces students to the reading, writing, researching, and
computational expectations of the nursing program and profession
- If you are planning on entering the nursing program at Cuesta College,
you may need relief from a number of moderate to severe academic ailments,
such as the following:
- medical terminology tremors
- reading attention deficit disorder
- computational cramps
- research paper paralysis
- analytical aneurisms
- math anxiety attacks
Return to Top